I get it - it costs money to attend life changing, incredible events which puts a major damper on the excitement and pull you feel to attend said event. I have been there! I've missed out on a lot of events/experiences (that I later found myself suffering major FOMO around) because I couldn't afford it!
The flip side is that many times the energy exchanged within a room of like-minded individuals who share your passions and see like the way you do, will COMPLETELY change the way you operate and the way you do business. You will open your eyes and mind to new ways of thinking so that you leave with a "new lease on life" and a renewed motivation to make BIG things happen FOR you!
So here are 5 ways you can get creative to afford that thing you know will change your life:
1. ASK TO BE SUPPORTED. Your friends and family want to see you thrive and succeed so put it out there (on your Facebook page or in an email) that you really want to attend this event and ask for donations to the cause. I know it's scary to put yourself out there like that but people will step up and help you out! (Bi-product... people will actually admire your bravery and vulnerability because you're doing something they, themselves, would likely be too "scared" to do)
This gets to be #1 because honestly asking for help is SUCH an important lesson in life. We often try to be strong and not let on that we need assistance but life is soooo very much easier when we give in and ASK!
2. See if you can convince a pal to come along with you. You can split housing costs and many events offer some sort of "bring a friend" discount (hint: SisterhoodLIVE! offers a "bring a friend" option and you can save $50 each!). Plus, when you bring a friend, the trip is way more fun anyway! And an added bonus - there's no awkward "I don't know anyone here" moments once you arrive [even though these are REALLY good for you to stretch your comfort zones].
3. Cut out the daily "splurge" of coffee or lunch until the thing happens. I know, I know - it seems restrictive and boring and not immediately satisfying. BUT - by cutting out your daily Starbucks or sandwich for 4-6 weeks, you'll actually end up saving most of the cost of the event! You could also grow out your hair so you don't need to spend money on haircuts, do your own nails, not buy new clothes (hey - go dig out the clothes from the back of the closet you haven't worn in forever that will feel new all over again!) etc etc.
4. Sell some stuff. Pretty much every town in America has a Facebook Yard Sale site nowadays. You can gather some items up around your house (I'm suuuure) and easily rake in a couple hundred dollars in a short period of time (OH the THINGS I have in my attic!). If you live somewhere that's the right climate currently, you could always resort to an ACTUAL yard sale - the kind where you put your stuff out on your grass and wait for people to stop by and pick through your items. :)
5. If you're a creative entrepreneur - CREATE SOMETHING! Team up with a friend to run a promo or create a new offering that's irresistable to your clients that will bring in the cash fast.
BONUS: Borrow the money. I know that can feel icky but a registrant coming to SisterhoodLIVE! actually borrowed the money from her dad because she felt so strongly she was supposed to attend.
There are a million ways you can raise the money to make it happen. And the truth is, the MAGIC that will happen for you while you're there will get you motivated and keep you going for months to come. You'll leave wanting to create a million new products or with a million new ideas on the direction you can take your business. You'll also gain visibility by BEING at that event and networking with others... you'll more than likely get direct or indirect business just by being there and meeting new people who have never heard of you before!
What else can you come up with? Share your thoughts or other creative money-making ideas in the comments!!
If you are curious or feel called to join us at SisterhoodLIVE - please feel free to reach out and ask whatever questions you may have or head on over to the website to register yourself! I absolutely CANNOT WAIT to welcome the incredible women who show up to the event. It's going to be magical! <3
Started life in 1985.